Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Journey of a Thousand Miles...

The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Although I feel somewhat guilty about hanging Lao Tzu's words opposite the toilet seat, what better place is there to hang a quote you want to read every day?

Today I submitted another article to the Christian Science Monitor, and am trying to figure out what "step" to take next. While I like Skirt Magazine's online content and am going to continue submitting to them, I was recently able to snag a copy of the physical magazine, and decided I might be better off spending more of my time targeting my work toward a different publication. Byline, the CSM...I feel as if the next publication goal should be less open to beginners - something between a regional publication and a glossy.

I'm going to try doing some research in the next week to figure out what publication to target next. I think that writing a filler for Family Circle or another glossy would be realistic, and possibly get my foot (or name) in the door for future acceptances.

No comments: