Monday, February 20, 2012

Sometimes All You Need is a (Writing) Therapist

I thought a novel writing workshop would be the perfect way to kick off the beginning of book #2. Talk with other writers, review some strategies and hopefully get excited to dig in. But as I read one workshop description after another, I realized I was thinking more about the attendees than the actual topics. Were the other writers in a similar stage? Would they encourage my seed of an idea? And would they want to meet up occasionally after class?

Suddenly "How to Plan, Write and Develop a Book, Part B" didn't sound so appealing. I didn't need to hear about another "process using a three-act structure that eases organization" - just a supporter and encourager. I needed a writing therapist.

So the "Quite Write: Writing Night"writer's group got a new member today.

No comments: