Thursday, March 15, 2012

Savvy or Stupid?: Submit 3 Articles as a Series

When editors (of regional parenting publications) like a piece, they'll sometimes ask me for a list of other articles I've written - and suddenly, one article acceptance turns into two or more.

So what I'm considering doing with my next three submissions is offering them as a "summer series." This would give editors a preview of other similar articles their readers might be interested in, and guaranteed content for three months in a row. It's great for me too, because I might sell three articles in the time it takes to submit one, and get to contribute to one publication for several months.

It sure sounds good, but I haven't been able to find any information about submitting series to regional newspapers. So, an experiment it is.

I'll post on this again next month, hopefully with some good news!

No comments: